So I spend a lot of time here in the OC (for the past few years) and lately and I’ve been thinking of getting a 3rd place here to have for 3 days a week or so…..
here’s the benefits:
2. there is always parking
3. there are plenty of Target Stores. lool
4. the movie theatres don’t sell out on the first night or ever.
5. renting a nice 1bedroom spot is like $1,600 with every single amenity and in a brand new building
6. it saves me the headache and anxiety of wanting to kill the world during traffic times or on every single friday if I don’t feel like driving to L.A. that particular day.
7. the air is cleaner
here’s some disadvantages:
1. too cookie cutter of an area for my taste
2. the movie theatres here all suck, they don’t hold a candle to the arclight, grove or the bridge
3. YOU CAN’T JUST WALK TO SOMEPLACE FOR COFFEE, FOOD ETC.
4. the selection of fine dining isn’t up to par, it’s either nicer Olive Garden style places with better decor or mad fast food spots, crazy strip plaza malls.
5. nightlife has NEVER been good here. my homey owns Sutra since it opened and I’ll see him in LA at a club on Sutra’s most poppinest night
6. the police just don’t like to see an Asian man rollin in nice whips (btw, I have traffic school for the first time in 6 years because of their lame policy of no online school)
7. lastly, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVOR here. overall. it’s just chill.
now, I know it’d just be a spot to lay up to avoid myself going into a frenzy when I’m stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. that 1 hour or even up to 2 hours and 45 minutes it takes to get from Newport/Irvine to Beverly Hills or Downtown makes me want to cut myself. and you can never pay enough in my opinion for peace of mind. I wish they had a toll lane that was $200 for a day pass and you can guarantee no traffic. I’d be in that lane EARLY! I know I’m arguing with myself, but I’ve slept in the OC since I got home from Canada and this is like 1 of at least 200 nights I’ve stayed here and NOT once have I got to sleep in to like 10am even…. it’s always like a 6am day. I mean, you wake up refreshed because the air is clearer, but man, that same air won’t let me dream and sleep long enough. kills me! just blabbing.
p.s. when I say O.C. I don’t mean (anaheim, yorba linda, mission viejo, san clemente, dana hills, fountain valley, westminster, garden grove, huntington beach, costa mesa, el toro)
I’m speaking more specifically towards, Laguna, Newport and Irvine (if I was financially able to live in Corona Del Mar, I’d rather be in Beverly Park, Holmby Hills or Bel Air without a doubt)